We are delighted to announce that Pulvis Art Urns is a CANA supplier member now. Our portfolio of products will be shown at CANA's 104th Cremation Innovation Convention which takes place at Atlanta, Georgia on August 17, 2022 - August 19, 2022.
Pulvis Art Urns - Supplier Member of CANA
The name Pulvis evokes the brilliance of ceramics, the wonder of design, and the radiance of glazes. In their desire to create a product that makes a difference, Pulvis Art Urns supports the concept of a group of artists, ceramists and sculptors, who design and create models, which are far more than just traditional urns for ashes. Find a variety of handmade urns for ashes, keepsakes and pet urns.
Founded in 1913, the Cremation Association of North America (CANA) is an international trade association of over 3,300 members, composed of funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories, industry suppliers, consultants and students. CANA members believe that cremation is preparation for memorialization.
CANA is the authority on all aspects of cremation. When you register for a CANA certification program, convention, online class or join as a member, you become a participant in a community of cremation experts.
Until the early 1920's, cremation was the choice of the wealthy and the well-educated. All crematories were located on cemetery property and elaborate columbariums were built for the elaborate urns then being used.
After it was proven, through scientific investigation, that proper in-ground, full body burial was safe, cremation fell out of favor and remained in the 3% to 5% range. It wasn't until the early 1980's that the rate reached double digits and started to increase on the average of 1.5% - 2% annually until the USA national rate exceeded 50% in 2016.
Code of Cremation Practice - CANA
CANA's code of cremation is based on principles and care:
- In dignity and respect in the care of the deceased, in compassion for the living who survive them, and in the memorialization of life;
- That a Cremation Authority should be responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of respect at all times;
- That the greatest care should be taken in the appointment of crematory staff members, any of whom must not, by conduct or demeanor, bring the crematory or cremation into disrepute;
- That cremation should be considered as preparation for memorialization;
- That the dead of our society should be memorialized through a commemorative means suitable to the survivors;
As a supplier member, Pulvis Art Urns profile in CANA , contains all the necessary information of the company, including contacts, products and business details. CANA Supplier members are also listed by the products and services offered to the marketplace.